REMY Elite Massage Therapy - REMY Elite Massage Groupon Ripoff!

Columbia, South Carolina 13 comments

I purchased a Groupon from REMY Elite Massage Therapy for a one hour Swedish massage amd paraffin wax and have never been able to speak to someone about setting up an appointment.Instead, when you call their is a very unprofessional voicemail that warns client against leaving more than one message.

Ghetto. I've contacted Groupon whom assured me that Ms. Jones(the owner, only employee[i assume], and who's cellphone is the only business contact number) would call me within three days. She hasn't.

Why try to contact her again? It would be awkward to have any service done at her business after all this.

Shame on me for not checking out the website prior to my purchase. The websites appearance would have been a warning.

I'll just take the $27 loss as a lesson learned.

Silly, but I guess Ms.Jones needs the money more...

Review about: Groupon One Hour Swedish Massage And Paraffin Wax.

Comments

Worst experience ever!At first it took me a month to even get in contact with anyone at this establishment.

Then once I finally did it was over three months to get an appointment. Now today I go to show up for my appointment and there is a new business in the building! I try to call and all I get is an answering machine (typical) and the mailbox is full so I can't even leave a message. Clearly this Myra Jones is an unprofessional and selfish woman who does not care about anyone else's time but her own.

BEWARE IF YOU EVER SEE HER NAME ATTACHED TO A BUSINESS!!! I called groupon and reported what happened.

I told them to please send out an email so this wouldn't happen to anyone else.They also said they would give me a refund, but that still doesn't compensate for all the time and headaches this has caused!

I am shocked to see the negative comments about Myra Jones!She is an outstanding massage therapist .

. . this is coming from another massage therapist who she has worked on. I have been treated by several massage therapist, but Myra was the ONLY one who was able to give me the results that I need.

When I went to her I was in great pain due to a shoulder injury that I have--pain radiated from my shoulder to my head and neck. And without a doubt I have not experienced that degree of pain since seeing her. She is so good that I was and still am willing to travel 3 hours for her services! I miss you Myra.

Please contact me soon. I am hoping to be able to schedule an appointment with you some day soon! Myra Jones is a fabulous, professional massage therapist who offer affordable, effective services.

God bless you Myra, you are often in my thoughts and prayers.♥ Love a satisfied client

As with some of the other comments I have had a similar experience.The massage was purchased through groupon.

It had to be scheduled three months in advance. Also received an email confirming the appointment. Arrived for the appointment and she has RELOCATED!! Very nice!!

This is a scam if I ever saw one. Called the number to get a voice mail that says she is relocating, but does NOT give the new address. How convenient! I guess Ms.

Myra is a very smart and cunning lady to come up with this scam.I wonder how many hundreds of dollars she has scammed off with.

I have read on many sites Ms.Jones saying that she conducts her business professionally.

I purchased a Groupon for $27 back in February. When I went on Groupon to schedule appointment I had to book appointment in September which was not a problem. I got reminder email of appointment from Groupon and printed it out prior to heading to appointment. I showed up to location to find that she no longer is there.

I never received a phone call to cancel appointment.

When I called I got VM saying she is relocating and if I had a Groupon to go on their site and schedule.A true professional would have called to cancel and reschedule appointment and let consumer know that you are no longer at a location rather than wasting someone's time and having them leave early from work for no reason.

Unfortunately I have had the same experience as Truthwillsetyoufree and Very Mislead and Upset.I purchased the Groupon in Feb/March as a birthday gift to myself.

When I tried to call & make an appointment, I was only able to reach a cell phone voicemail & did not get a returned phone call. I discovered I could make an appointment via Groupon & was highly disappointed when I wasn't able to book an appointment until September. I received a reminder email about 7 days prior to my appointment. Within the email there was a "note" ironically right underneath the 24 hour cancellation reminder stating "due to an emergency, appointment will be rescheduled ".

I've called on more than 1 occasion in an attempt to reschedule & have yet to receive a returned phone call. I happened to come upon this website because I was looking for possible additional contact information for R.E.M.Y. Elite in an attempt to redeem my Groupon. After having read the prior posts & Myra Jones' replies, I will be complaining to Groupon & anyone who is seeking massage services about her lack of business ethics & professionalism.

She has yet to apologize & seems to have no consideration for the inconvenience she may have caused others.I was hesitant to purchase a Groupon & thanks to her, my 1st experience has been horrible.

I must say that I agree with Truthwillsetyoufree.I have met Myra and honestly, she was very friendly and kind.

We actually had a great conversation. She honored my groupon and gave great service. So, because of the service and treatment I received, I decided to purchase another certificate for another massage. Well, I since then, I haven't been able to reach her, not by phone, not email (at least I haven't gotten any reply) and not even at the location that she gives the service.

I am very disappointed that she gave me the impression that we had a business/client relationship and now she is MIA.

That is very disappointing b/c she acted like a christian woman.I am not going to lose sleep worrying about the money I lost, b/c I worry more about her soul and how God will look at how she treats people.

Its curious that such a small business would receive these negative reviews if there was not merit to the claims. I too had a family member who purchased a groupon from the same batch and had an almost identical experience as what the OP described: No phone calls returned, extreme rudeness the one time she did manage to get through and a general lack of professionalism. This business has a single method of contact: The owners cell phone. How little sense does that make in this modern day and age? My friend even had me call from my cell phone in hopes some one would pick up and I can personally attest to how off putting the answering machine mesasge is. It literally extolls customers not to leave multiple messages in the most direct and confrontational way possible. Perhaps the proprietor does run a decent, professional business most of the time, but I find that EXTREMELY hard to believe given how poorly this groupon situation has been handled. Perhaps if the proprietor would step up and apologize to the numerous customers she cheated instead of spending all her time putting out fires on review sites(because its totally not her responding to these comments but rather her army of satisfied supporters...sarcasm implied) she could move on and be sucessful. Fortuantely, our economy is in a place where it tends to deal with businesses like this one that operate without a modicum of professionalism or integrity.

Also, I couldnt resist, from...

Ghetto(as an adjective)

Often Disparaging and Offensive . noting something that is considered to be unrefined, low-class, cheap, or inferior: Her furniture is so ghetto!

If the shoe fits....

I am the Director of Nursing at LMC and I met Myra Jones thru a Groupon deal, in which I made the first appointment with a receptionist and the second thru her email.Not only am I a very satisfied returining client, Myra has on several occassions massage many of the other nurses as well as doctors I recommended to her.

Its very unfortunate that sites like this one allow people to post unvalidated comments about companies. It is also apparent that this complaint seems to targeted not toward the company because of the use of racial slang words such as Ghetto, and the fact there is a question mark behind whether to use Ms or not also making a point of addressing her entity. I applaud Myra Jones for being a sole business owner in such a thriving economy.

This Groupon customer oblivious has some personal issues because not answering a phone call does not constitute the name calling or degrading comments made.I would question the intent of the this customer not the recommendation of service.

My company provides several ways to schedule a massage session due to high demand of treatments sold. It is unclear to me or Groupon as to what message this groupon customer is referring to. Contacting Groupon about experiencing any problems was the right thing to do because no purchase of any service was made from my company, therefore, no monetary gain has contributed to it as well.

to Myra Jones #597724

So Myra, if everything is so untrue, then post your address and phone number so those of us with Groupon can use them. I don't see you posting that info....

to NoM***agefromMyra Lexington, South Carolina, United States #625345

I am and will continue to be a professional business owner, how ever I am a CONSUMER first.With that being said I am addressing the comments of not being able to schedule an appointment with me .

Due to the FACT there was a total of 1500 massage sessions sold thru group on for my massage session in which over 700 was sold with in first couple hours so I quickly closed that deal. However when purchasing your group on it clearly shows how many sessions are sold, I became booked up quickly. I worked 7 days a week from 8 Til 8 as any business would to fulfill an obligation. Because I had a 98% return rate from GROUPON clients.

I was voted Best of 2011 and ran a thank you bigger discount for my services once again over 800 sold within the hours. Yes, I became booked 2,3 months out as to be expected as I am only one therapist. I hired a receptionist to assist also did an online booking. My business is only profitable if I have returning clients so to conduct my business unprofessional would only hurt me.

There became an issue with the building I was leasing as many many business that lease face and I was forced to try and relocate. I contacted Groupon about my issue and THEY instructed me how to handle the group on clients in which I did exactly as they told me. All Booked clients were notified in advance of this unexpected change and Group on refunded all others as They chose. I was NOT PAID for all Groupons sold!!!

I did not cheat any one,...

to Myra Jones #627501

I cannot believe the lies these people are posting about myra and REMY.I was her receptionist for 6 months, I scheduled all her appointments and answered her calls.

Myra is the most professional massage therapist I have ever seen. She was swamped with Groupons and I had to take her business phone home with me on several occassions to keep up but she still worked as much and as hard as she could to satisfy every customer. Truthwillsetyoufree should pay attention to her own anonymous screen name. If what you are claiming is true then why didnt your friend or family member whichever one you mixed up complain and why dont you use your real name.

Myra had to two phones as a matter of fact she had a business phone and a personal phone so she could handle her business as a professional. Myra tried her best and spent all her time catering to her massage clients, I enjoyed working for her and hope she calls me back soon to work for her again.

Many blessings to Myra and I will be happy when you are back making people feel better with your hands, heart and skills.As for all these ridiculous comments in which some of you KT has posted negative comments on other massage therapist sites, I would be careful on how you try to ruin others because what goes around comes around!!!

View more comments

RUDE -REMY Elite Massage Therapy in West Columbia, SC

Greenville, South Carolina 9 comments

Beware buying gift certificates, Groupons and/or Living Social deals with this company.Myra Jones will keep jerking you around and you will never get your appointment or if you do, then she schedule you 3 months out.

she is now scheduling for August and it's only May. who schedules a massage 3 months in advance? to top it off, she is extremely rude. she doesn't need to be in the business of trying to help people.

she needs an attitude adjustment.

Beware - it's not a good situation when you spend money on gift certificates and/or groupons, and then you can use them because she is too busy and the coupon expires, or scheduled you so far out that you forget about the about or change your number and then you are screwed, because you lost the benefits of the certificate because you didn't cancel 24 hours ikn advance.such a joke - what a scam.....

Review about: Massage.

Comments

I bought a groupon for REMY elite and booked my massage online.I was excited to get a massage.

I got to the address listed online and there was a new business in the building. I attempted to contact REMY and I could get the voicemail saying that they had changed locations but not giving the new address. There was also no place to leave a message. I called multiple times in hopes to reach a live person and get the new address.

The only good to come from this is that I contacted groupon and they refunded my money even though it was several months from the purchase date!!:(

mersmom
Lexington, South Carolina, United States #580424

I just had to get my money back from Sweetjack because she won't honor the vouchers she sold through them.Her number is disconnected.

She is just scamming people. I would never do business with her. If you issue vouchers, you honor them. People bought them as gifts for people...and they were so disappointed.

Poor customer service. I really appreciate Sweetjack giving my money back ASAP....they got lots of complaints about her!!!

Groupon and Livingsocial should take a page from them.When a vendor does not deliver -- give the money back...even if it is past their 7 day window.

I have been trying to schedule a massage and she will not return calls after numerous voice mails and also when I schedule my appointment I get a message on the bottom that says must rescheudle FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH! When I call now the number has been changed . VERY RUDE.

I too was screwed out of using my Groupon because she only has limited time spots.I have contacted Groupon and they are aware that she has done this to others.

I am now in a class action attempting to get my money back. As she indicated above, she is a paralegal so how does she find the time to give massages if she working at the law firm. I have figured her out - she schedules you so far out then fails to call to remind you. what a scam.

oh by the way, Myra - I am a paralegal and a member of various professional organizations also.

I would hope that you would learn some organizational skills so you get your self together.I bet you miss crucial deadlines all of the time.

Clearly this Myra Jones is an unprofessional and selfish woman who does not care about anyone else's time but her own.BEWARE IF YOU EVER SEE HER NAME ATTACHED TO A BUSINESS!!!

I initially went to Myra from a groupon I purchased.I did not anticipate going back but have now booked my third appoinment.

Myra is professional, affordable, and very personable.Would definitely recommend her services!!

This comment is in response to the ENTIRELY FALSE comment posted by Dreamweaver1964...this libelous comment is totally and categorically FALSE!This company is the epitome of professionalism.My visits there have ALWAYS been pleasurable and enjoyable.

Myra Jones is an exceptional business person and her business has been voted 'Best Of'.

So, this person, who wrote that negative comment, MUST HAVE BEEN at fault!Plain and simple!

I am a very professional Massage Therapist.I am also a Paralegal and member of varies professional organizations.

This comment made is by a groupon customer that not only did not cancel her appointment but changed her number so that when my company contacted her for confirmation could not be reached.

I have the highest regards for all my clients and strive to provide exceptional care and concern for my business as well as any potential clients.My reviews and testimonials prove this also

The previous comment is false and R.E.M.Y. ELITE MASSAGE THERAPY is voted BEST OF. Myra is very professional with her business as well as clients.

View more comments